Repeat after me. Unicorns are NOT real. Unicorns are mythical creatures.
HR Tech Europe looked like a good event to go to this year for a number of reasons. What piqued our interest was:
1. That HR Tech is an up and coming event (this year being the 3rd held in London).
Why is this interesting? It is indicative of HR practitioners becoming more confident with identifying their technology requirements and the sourcing of. And they’re not always doing it in conjunction with the IT department…
2. The fact that there was a whole track for Cloud technologies.
Why is this interesting? Not only are HR practitioners becoming more confident with tech in general, the fact that Cloud is making its way into the back office, one of the last bastions of on-premise tech, is making for interesting possibilities.
What are those ‘Interesting Possibilities’?
As a SaaS vendor, we are increasingly having conversations with customers and prospects about the impact Cloud technology can have on peoples’ roles and business profitability. For example HR can move away from being seen as an operational, indirect cost, and become more of a strategic player in the boardroom. And the use of Cloud is one of those strategies. How you might ask?
A few things Replicon is seeing:
- HR providing systems that integrate with other applications, in other areas of the business. This is saving on time and resources, while increasing accuracy and efficiency through automation capabilities.
- Building on the above point, users and managers are gaining the ability to effectively manage resources, track and manage costs and gain insights into the business that they may not have had access to before …at any time, on any device.
- Speaking of devices, HR tech is making more of a move in this direction for mobile workers, or simply for employees who use personal (mobile) devices for work (think BYOD and millennials). HR tech on devices, and especially working in real-time is still a new concept, particularly when it comes to reporting capabilities and informing decisions.
Over the next few weeks, we will be exploring the topics mentioned here in more detail on future blogs.
Are you seeing similar trends? Let us know what your experiences and thoughts are…