Replicon introduces Web TimeSheet 2.0
March 18, 1999 Calgary, Canada – Replicon, Inc. introduces their second generation timesheet management software, Web TimeSheet 2.0. Web TimeSheet 2.0 provides the functionality needed to manage projects, maintain payroll and most importantly, keep track of time and expenses. Main features include: collect project time & expenses, generate reports, setup projects and tasks, approval process,project journal, multi-currency support, reminders & notifications, Y2K compliant Product Description.
Web TimeSheet is a web based, shrink-wrapped, timesheet management application for workgroups.
- Timesheet Management: Employees at many companies are required to keep track of their hours for various reasons. Some of them might be business, legal or for better project management. Web TimeSheet facilitates the creation, consolidation and management of employee timesheets. Apart from tracking time, Web TimeSheet can also be used as a "project journal" to capture and consolidate project notes.
- Shrink-wrapped: The application installs on the server and comes with all the components required to run the application. It uses Microsoft jet engine and does not require any additional database software. There is absolutely no programming or HTML scripting required.
- Workgroup: One of the main features of Web TimeSheet is that it automatically consolidates individual timesheets to projects, clients, etc. Because the application is based on internet technology, workgroup members can fill in the timesheet from anywhere using any platform. Web Timesheet captures the information, centrally, at your web server.
- Improved cash flow: Many businesses are required to track the time spent on various projects/tasks. These are consulting companies or companies where there is a consulting component to the business. Timely billing to the client can significantly improve cash flow. A lot of time is spent collecting the billable time information from the consultants / employees. They could come in the form of emails, faxes, spreadsheet files, etc. By using Web timesheet, you could eliminate the process of collecting and consolidating timesheet information.
- Better project management: In the second category, there are businesses that collect time spent on various projects for better project management. Using Web TimeSheet will allow these businesses to collect timecard information and improve project management. Apart from collecting just timecard information, employees can also add project notes. These notes can form an on going project 'diary' detailing the project progress and status. Managers can consolidate these notes by project, reporting period, employee, etc. This becomes a very powerful tool in analyzing the project on an on going basis and provides historical information.
Minimal roll out cost: Apart from the business benefits of Web TimeSheet, there are many operational benefits. Some of them are:
Minimal roll out cost.
- Low or virtually no training required.
- Seamless integration into your Intranet.
- Your application is accessible worldwide (As long as your Intranet is securely connected to the Internet).
About Web TimeSheet
Web TimeSheet is a fully web-based time and expense management solution designed to streamline payroll tracking, project management, and client billing processes. Since Web TimeSheet runs on the corporate intranet it leverages investments in existing technologies and allows users secure access anywhere, anytime. Flexible report capabilities give Project Leaders, Payroll Managers, CFOs and CIOs instant access to relevant information for planning and decision-making.